Terms & Conditions
- These terms
- These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to you, whether these are goods or services.
- Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these terms, please contact us to discuss.
In some areas, you will have different rights under these terms depending on whether you are a business or consumer. You are a consumer if:
You are an individual.
You are buying products from us wholly or mainly for your personal use (not for use in connection with your trade, business, craft or profession).
- If you are a business customer these terms constitute the entire agreement between us in relation to your purchase. You acknowledge that you have not relied on any statement, promise, representation, assurance or warranty made or given by or on behalf of us which is not set out in these terms and that you shall have no claim for innocent or negligent misrepresentation based on any statement in this Agreement.
- Information about us and how to contact us
- We are Dust & Pine Limited a company registered in England and Wales. Our registered office is at Copelands, Holmer, Herefordshire, HR1 1LL.
- You can contact us by emailing our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
- “Writing” includes emails. When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these terms, this includes emails.
- Our contract with you
- Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
- If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this and will not charge you for the product. This might be because the product is out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, because we have identified an error in the price or description of the product or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified.
We will assign an order number to your order and tell you what it is when we accept your order. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your order.
The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device’s display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the products. Your product may vary slightly from those images.
- Deliveries are usually despatch within 1-2 working days of order and will be delivered 'Economy' which is 3-5 working days from despatch (unless otherwise specified).
- Delivery is free on orders over £35 to mainland UK addresses.
- All offshore destinations will be subject to a delivery surcharge.
- All goods must be checked on arrival and delivery paperwork signed unless prior agreement has been made with the delivery company to leave the goods at the property at which point these will be left at the customer’s risk.
- Any delivery issues must be reported immediately to Dust & Pine Limited.
- Lead times may extend during busy periods.
- Your rights to end the contract
- Your rights when you end the contract will depend on what you have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it, how we are performing when you decide to end the contract and whether you are a consumer or business customer. If you are a consumer and have just changed your mind about the product, see clause 6.3. You may be able to get a refund if you are within the cooling-off period, but this may be subject to deductions and you will have to pay the costs of return of any goods.
- If you are ending a contract for a reason set out below the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any products which have not been provided and you may also be entitled to compensation. The reasons are:
- we have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
- there is a risk supply of the products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
- we have suspended supply of the products for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons, in each case for a period of more than one month; or
- you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong.
- If you are a consumer then for products bought online you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days of receiving the goods and receive a refund.
Even if we are not at fault and you are not a consumer who has a right to change their mind, you can still end the contract before it is completed, but you may have to pay us compensation. If you want to end a contract before it is completed where we are not at fault and you are not a consumer who has changed their mind, just contact us to let us know. The contract will end immediately and we will refund any sums paid by you for products not provided but we may deduct from that refund reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your ending the contract.
How to end the contract with us (including if you are a consumer who has changed their mind)
- To end the contract with us, please let us know by doing one of the following:
- Email us at email@example.com
- Please provide your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address.
- Email or write to us at the address above, including details of what you bought, your order number, when you ordered or received it and your name and address. We suggest you ring first to discuss the issue.
- If you end the contract for any reason after products have been dispatched to you or you have received them, you must return them to us.
- We will pay the costs of return:
- if the products are faulty or misdescribed; or
- if you are ending the contract because we have told you of an upcoming change to the product or these terms, an error in pricing or description, a delay in delivery due to events outside our control or because you have a legal right to do so as a result of something we have done wrong; In all other circumstances (including where you are a consumer exercising your right to change your mind) you must pay the costs of return.
- If you are entitled to a refund under these terms we will refund you the price you paid for the products including delivery costs, by the method you used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the price, as described below.
We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible and in any event, within 14 days of your telling us you have changed your mind
Our rights to end the contract
- We may end the contract for a product at any time by writing to you if:
- you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the products to you or collect them from us.
- If we end the contract in the situations set out above we will refund any money you have paid in advance for products we have not provided but we may deduct or charge you reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the contract.
- Price and payment
- The price of the product (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the order pages when you placed your order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the price of the product advised to you is correct. However please see clause 9.3 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of the product you order.
- If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the product in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
- It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the products we sell may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting your order so that, where the product’s correct price at your order date is less than our stated price at your order date, we will charge the lower amount. If the product’s correct price at your order date is higher than the price stated to you, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order.
- When you must pay and how you must pay. We accept payment with credit and/or debit cards. Payment is to be made on order and your card will be charged at this point.
- If you think an invoice is wrong please contact us promptly to let us know. You will not have to pay any interest until the dispute is resolved. Once the dispute is resolved we will charge you interest.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you if you are a business
- Nothing in these terms shall limit or exclude our liability for:
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982;
- Subject to clause 11.1:
- we shall not be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any loss of profit, or any indirect or consequential loss arising under or in connection with any contract between us; and
our total liability to you for all other losses arising under or in connection with any contract between us, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall be limited to the total sums paid by you for products under such contract.
How we may use your personal information
- Other important terms
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing.
- This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts.